- 1 How do you make lip balm containers at home?
- 2 How do you make a lip balm tube?
- 3 How do you make lip balm with Vaseline?
- 4 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 5 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 6 What ingredients are in lip balm?
- 7 How do you make natural lip balm for kids?
- 8 How do you make homemade Vaseline?
- 9 How do you reuse old lip balm containers?
- 10 How do you clean and reuse lip balm tubes?
How do you make lip balm containers at home?
Repurpose an old container for use as a cute new lip balm container. Think of tins for candy or mints, small glass jars, or old plastic makeup compacts. Make sure your container has a cap or lid that fits securely. Try using a mini size Altoids container, or another small tin left over from mints or candy.
How do you make a lip balm tube?
Knowing this, I came up with the following ratios for making homemade tubes of chapstick:
- 1 part cocoa butter (or shea butter) + 2 parts beeswax + 3 parts oil.
- 1 – ½ teaspoon of cocoa butter. 2 – ½ teaspoons of beeswax pastilles. 3 – ½ teaspoons of apricot oil.
- 1 teaspoon cocoa butter. 2 teaspoons beeswax pastilles.
How do you make lip balm with Vaseline?
Combine three tablespoons of vaseline or petroleum jelly with one teaspoon of honey. Warm in the microwave, using 30 second increments, until melted. Or melt over low heat in a double boiler. Pour melted honey lip balm into small pots and let cool before using.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
What ingredients are in lip balm?
Lip balm often contains beeswax or carnauba wax, camphor, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, paraffin, and petrolatum, among other ingredients. Some varieties contain dyes, flavor, fragrance, phenol, salicylic acid, and sunscreen.
How do you make natural lip balm for kids?
What to Do
- Step 1: In a microwave-safe container, have you kids mix together two parts coconut oil to one part wax beads.
- Step 3: Cool the hot liquid briefly.
- Step 4: While the solution cools, have your kids add a drop or two of flavoring mix to each of the lip balm containers.
How do you make homemade Vaseline?
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (this is the creamiest, most nutritive coconut oil I’ve ever used)
- 1/8 cup olive oil (I purchase only the best organic olive oil here)
- 1/8 cup castor oil.
- 2 tablespoons beeswax (these beeswax pastilles are so much easier to work with)
- 1 tablespoon lanolin.
How do you reuse old lip balm containers?
10 Ways to Repurpose Cosmetic Containers
- #1: Store Bobby Pins in Old Lip Balm Containers.
- #2: Store Hair Elastics, Earnings, and Other Jewelry in Compact Containers That Have a Mirror.
- #3: Turn Perfume Bottles into Vases.
- #4: Make Travel-Sized Containers.
- #5: Turn Shampoo Bottles into a Brush Holder.
How do you clean and reuse lip balm tubes?
Lip Balm Tubes: To clean your lip balm tubes, simply wind the tube until the bottom comes all the way up and wipe residual balm off with a q-tip or paper towel. Toss into a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes until excess balm melts out (our tubes are BPA + BPS FREE so no need to worry about leaching chemicals!).