- 1 How do you make the best homemade lip balm?
- 2 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 3 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 4 What ingredients are in lip balm?
- 5 How do you make homemade lip balm sweet?
- 6 What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
- 7 How do you make lip balm with two ingredients?
- 8 Can I put vanilla extract in lip balm?
- 9 What can I use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
- 10 What is the best oil for lip balm?
How do you make the best homemade lip balm?
- Melt the beeswax, cocoa, and shea butter in a double boiler.
- Add the hemp oil, almond oil, and honey, and stir until it turns into a liquid consistency.
- Add honey to this mixture.
- Blend the ingredients using a milk frother.
- Once it reaches medium-thick consistency, pour the balm into jars to set.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
What ingredients are in lip balm?
Lip balm often contains beeswax or carnauba wax, camphor, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, paraffin, and petrolatum, among other ingredients. Some varieties contain dyes, flavor, fragrance, phenol, salicylic acid, and sunscreen.
How do you make homemade lip balm sweet?
Place the beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil into a glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (on high). Pause the heating every 30 seconds to give it a quick stir. Add 15-20 drops of peppermint essential oil (if desired) to the mixture and stir. Pour (carefully) the mixture into your container of choice.
What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
How do you make lip balm with two ingredients?
Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2: Add natural lipstick to the bowl. Then add a small amount of natural lipstick to the bowl.
- Step 3: Microwave ingredients in 30 second intervals.
- Step 4: Pour melted liquid into small containers.
Can I put vanilla extract in lip balm?
NOTE: I would NOT use Vanilla Extract to scent or flavor your balm as it does NOT mix well with the other oils and you’ll end up with a kind of splotchy looking balm. Once the balm is scented & flavored to your liking, carefully pour it into your containers and allow to cool fully.
What can I use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
What is the best oil for lip balm?
The most popular essential oils for lip balm include wintergreen, peppermint, orange, lime, lemon, vanilla, grapefruit, and lavender. These oils are the most recommended for helping people deal with the annoyance and discomfort of chapped lips.