- 1 How do you make butter lip balm?
- 2 How do you make lip balm with beeswax and shea butter?
- 3 How do you make lip balm without beeswax and shea butter?
- 4 What can I use instead of shea butter in lip balm?
- 5 Can I use shea butter as a lip balm?
- 6 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 7 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 8 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 9 Can you make lip balm without shea butter?
- 10 How do I make my lip balm not greasy?
- 11 What is the best essential oil for lip balm?
- 12 What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
- 13 Which oil makes lips pink?
How do you make butter lip balm?
- Add a couple inches of water to a small saucepan. Add beeswax, olive oil and shea butter to a mason jar or small bowl, and place inside the saucepan, creating a double boiler method.
- Immediately transfer lip butter into small containers or tubes, and transfer to the refrigerator to set for 15 – 30 minutes.
How do you make lip balm with beeswax and shea butter?
- 1/4 cup beeswax pastilles or (beeswax block, grated)
- 1/4 cup shea butter.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- 40 drops peppermint essential oils* (about 1/2 tsp)
- Empty lip balm tubes.
How do you make lip balm without beeswax and shea butter?
Add in 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of raw honey and 4-5 drops of essential oil.
- Try peppermint, rose, or a citrus essential oil.
- If you don’t want to use honey, you can substitute castor oil, which is a vegan ingredient.
- Instead of essential oil, try adding in a few dashes of ground cinnamon.
What can I use instead of shea butter in lip balm?
Avocado butter is a great substitute for shea butter. Find it in the Winter Lip Balm recipe. Cocoa Butter: Obtained from cocoa beans, cocoa butter has a wonderful chocolate-y aroma. It also has a slight neutral beige color.
Can I use shea butter as a lip balm?
Shea butter is a great moisturizer that sinks deep into your skin. Shea butter is solid at room temperature too so it helps keep the lip balm solid. With this shea butter, you can easily make a vegan lip balm without any beeswax!
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
Can you make lip balm without shea butter?
lip balm without shea butter: Avocado butter and mango butter are good alternatives to shea butter. lip balm without coconut oil: Avocado oil or grapeseed oil can be used instead of fractionated coconut oil.
How do I make my lip balm not greasy?
- Melt the beeswax and Shea Butter together on low heat.
- Notice Bonnie uses a pan on the stove and inserts her 2 cup glass measure right into the pan of hot water.
- Once the lip balm base is melted, Remove from heat.
- Add vitamin E oil and peppermint drops.
- Adjust the color this way.
What is the best essential oil for lip balm?
Some other good essential oils that are safe to use in lip balm are: lavender, sweet orange, clove (use very little as it’s warming and strong), tea tree (use very little as it’s strong), spearmint, mandarin, lime and of course peppermint and lemon.
What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
Which oil makes lips pink?
Almond oil replenishes the lips and prevents it from getting chapped while lemon acts as the natural bleaching agent that lightens the lips and makes them naturally supple and pink.