- 1 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 2 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 3 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 4 How do you make lip balm with 2 ingredients?
- 5 Is it OK to use Vaseline as lip balm?
- 6 How long does homemade lip balm last?
- 7 How do you harden homemade lip balm?
- 8 What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
- 9 Can I apply coconut oil on my lips overnight?
- 10 Can I put vanilla extract in lip balm?
- 11 What is the best oil for lip balm?
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
How do you make lip balm with 2 ingredients?
Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2: Add natural lipstick to the bowl. Then add a small amount of natural lipstick to the bowl.
- Step 3: Microwave ingredients in 30 second intervals.
- Step 4: Pour melted liquid into small containers.
Is it OK to use Vaseline as lip balm?
It’s known as an occlusive, so while it can help trap moisture into the lips, it can’t add moisture that isn’t there. Vaseline works best when used with a humectant, like shea butter or aloe, which can actually pull moisture into the lips. 7 signs your lip balm use is just a bad habit.
How long does homemade lip balm last?
A. If you do not use any water based products your lip balm should last for a good 6 months plus. There is no one size fits all with this answer as it depends on the ingredients you are using.
How do you harden homemade lip balm?
Using a syringe, fill each lip balm container as full as you can without overflowing. If it starts to harden before you’re finished filling the tubes, return the glass bowl to the microwave for 15 seconds to keep it melted. Once it solidifies ( about 5 minutes ) add your lip balm labels to the tubes and enjoy!
What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
Can I apply coconut oil on my lips overnight?
While coconut oil may be used in place of your daytime lip balm, it can also work well as an overnight treatment mask. Apply to your lips and then rinse off in the morning.
Can I put vanilla extract in lip balm?
NOTE: I would NOT use Vanilla Extract to scent or flavor your balm as it does NOT mix well with the other oils and you’ll end up with a kind of splotchy looking balm. Once the balm is scented & flavored to your liking, carefully pour it into your containers and allow to cool fully.
What is the best oil for lip balm?
The most popular essential oils for lip balm include wintergreen, peppermint, orange, lime, lemon, vanilla, grapefruit, and lavender. These oils are the most recommended for helping people deal with the annoyance and discomfort of chapped lips.