- 1 How do you make lip balm with shea butter and coconut oil?
- 2 How do you make lip balm with beeswax and shea butter?
- 3 Is shea butter good for lip balm?
- 4 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 5 What can I use instead of shea butter in lip balm?
- 6 Can you make lip balm without shea butter?
- 7 How do you make lip balm without beeswax or shea butter?
- 8 How do I make my lip balm not greasy?
- 9 Can you put raw shea butter on your lips?
- 10 What does shea butter do in lip balm?
- 11 What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
- 12 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 13 What ingredients are in lip balm?
- 14 How do you make natural lip balm at home?
How do you make lip balm with shea butter and coconut oil?
- Fill a medium pot about half full with tap water and place on the stove.
- Add shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oil to the small pot and allow all ingredients to melt.
- Once melted, turn off stovetop heat.
- Whisk in raw honey and essential oils.
- Use a pipette to transfer hot lip balm into containers of choice.
How do you make lip balm with beeswax and shea butter?
- 1/4 cup beeswax pastilles or (beeswax block, grated)
- 1/4 cup shea butter.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- 40 drops peppermint essential oils* (about 1/2 tsp)
- Empty lip balm tubes.
Is shea butter good for lip balm?
Shea butter contains vitamins A and E, both of which soothe and moisturize chapped lips and dry skin. Combined with lanolin and olive oil, shea butter creates a healing lip balm that protects your lips from the elements.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What can I use instead of shea butter in lip balm?
Avocado butter is a great substitute for shea butter. Find it in the Winter Lip Balm recipe. Cocoa Butter: Obtained from cocoa beans, cocoa butter has a wonderful chocolate-y aroma. It also has a slight neutral beige color.
Can you make lip balm without shea butter?
lip balm without shea butter: Avocado butter and mango butter are good alternatives to shea butter. lip balm without coconut oil: Avocado oil or grapeseed oil can be used instead of fractionated coconut oil.
How do you make lip balm without beeswax or shea butter?
Add in 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of raw honey and 4-5 drops of essential oil.
- Try peppermint, rose, or a citrus essential oil.
- If you don’t want to use honey, you can substitute castor oil, which is a vegan ingredient.
- Instead of essential oil, try adding in a few dashes of ground cinnamon.
How do I make my lip balm not greasy?
- Melt the beeswax and Shea Butter together on low heat.
- Notice Bonnie uses a pan on the stove and inserts her 2 cup glass measure right into the pan of hot water.
- Once the lip balm base is melted, Remove from heat.
- Add vitamin E oil and peppermint drops.
- Adjust the color this way.
Can you put raw shea butter on your lips?
To Soothe Chapped Lips Shea butter can help. Shea butter is perfect for any kind of chapped skin—which tends to be especially common on the lips, especially in the winter—and helps it heal. Apply a little dab in the morning and the evening to make sure lips stay soft and smooth.
What does shea butter do in lip balm?
Shea Butter is a rich source of numerous fatty acids and antioxidants, and can also provide topical skin-soothing benefits. Shea Butter is said to have anti-inflammatory properties and is often used to heal and prevent chapped lips.
What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
What ingredients are in lip balm?
Lip balm often contains beeswax or carnauba wax, camphor, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, paraffin, and petrolatum, among other ingredients. Some varieties contain dyes, flavor, fragrance, phenol, salicylic acid, and sunscreen.
How do you make natural lip balm at home?
- Measure beeswax, shea butter and cocoa butter and put in the top of a double boiler.
- Melt the butters and waxes over low heat in your double boiler until completely combined.
- Add the almond oil and jojoba oil and stir.
- Remove from heat and add Vitamin E and essential oils.
- Pour into lip balm tubes or tins.