- 1 How do you make homemade lip balm naturally?
- 2 How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
- 3 Can I use honey instead of beeswax for lip balm?
- 4 What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
- 5 What is a good substitute for beeswax?
- 6 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 7 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 8 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 9 Do you need shea butter to make lip balm?
- 10 What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
- 11 What can I use instead of shea butter for lip balm?
- 12 Can I put honey in my lip balm?
- 13 How can I make my lip balm tasty?
- 14 Is beeswax good for lips?
How do you make homemade lip balm naturally?
- Melt the beeswax, cocoa, and shea butter in a double boiler.
- Add the hemp oil, almond oil, and honey, and stir until it turns into a liquid consistency.
- Add honey to this mixture.
- Blend the ingredients using a milk frother.
- Once it reaches medium-thick consistency, pour the balm into jars to set.
How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
Ingredients for DIY Lip Balm without Shea Butter: 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil. 1 tsp Almond Extract or Almond Oil or essential oils. Clear Lip Container (found in target travel section or HERE) Double Boiler (I recommend these)
Can I use honey instead of beeswax for lip balm?
I recommend using a liquid organic honey as it will be easier to mix with the oils and beeswax than creamed honey. You will also need lip balm containers that you can buy on amazon here. The most important ingredient in this lip balm is the beeswax; it is a natural emulsifier that combines oils and water.
What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
What is a good substitute for beeswax?
Best Vegan Beeswax Alternatives
- Candelilla wax. Native to northern Mexico and the southwestern United States, candelilla wax is an affordable lubricant used in varnishes, lip balms, and lotion bars.
- Sustainably-harvested carnauba wax.
- Soy wax.
- Bayberry wax.
- Synthetic beeswax.
- Plant oils.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
Do you need shea butter to make lip balm?
You can use any solid butter you like in this recipe with good results. If you don’t have shea butter, use all cocoa butter, or try mango butter or avocado butter. I especially love mango butter in lip balm recipes.
What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
What can I use instead of shea butter for lip balm?
Avocado butter is a great substitute for shea butter. Find it in the Winter Lip Balm recipe. Cocoa Butter: Obtained from cocoa beans, cocoa butter has a wonderful chocolate-y aroma. It also has a slight neutral beige color.
Can I put honey in my lip balm?
Did you know that honey can make a great ingredient for lip balm? Everyday Roots has a great tutorial for making your own Healing Homemade Lip Balm with ingredients such as beeswax, honey and coconut. For a rich, soothing flavor, make Frugally Sustainable’s Warm Vanilla and Honey Lip Balm.
How can I make my lip balm tasty?
- Melt 1 TBSP of beeswax.
- Pour 2 TBSPs of coconut oil into beeswax mixture.
- Add flavor oil.
- Add any extra ingredients (oranges, petals, coffee beans)
- Allow to cool.
Is beeswax good for lips?
Beeswax is a very popular moisturizing lip balm compound; It was the inspiration for all of our lip balms. it contains natural emulsifiers which also help retain moisture making them helpful for dry or chapped lips. According to the Mayo Clinic it is one of the best ways to prevent chapping and heal damaged lips.