- 1 Can you refill lip balm tubes?
- 2 How do you fix a lip balm tube?
- 3 How do you open a lip balm tube?
- 4 How do you clean and reuse lip balm tubes?
- 5 How do you make a healing lip balm?
- 6 How do you reuse old lip balm containers?
- 7 Can I put lip balm under my eyes?
- 8 How do lip balm tubes work?
- 9 How do you fix a broken lip gloss tube?
- 10 Can you sanitize lip balm?
- 11 How do you sterilize a lip balm container?
- 12 How do you keep lip balm clean?
- 13 What do you do with empty lipstick tubes?
Can you refill lip balm tubes?
If you have old chapstick/lip balm tubes that are empty laying around, then you can use an eye dropper to fill them back up, or you can try and pour them if you’re feeling adventurous or like to clean. I actually kind of want these since they’re really cute.
How do you fix a lip balm tube?
How to fix a broken lip balm
- First, using your toothpick, scoop out the lip balm into the Pyrex cup.
- Next, put your Pyrex cup in the microwave.
- This is what it looks like after 5-6 intervals.
- If you’re stuck in the mess in which your lip balm hardens, pop it back in the microwave just until it melts back to a liquid.
How do you open a lip balm tube?
First take the chapstick tube and twist it til the chapstick is all the way up, break off and discard it. Place the bottom twisty part in the hot water for about 15 seconds then grab it and pull it off.
How do you clean and reuse lip balm tubes?
Lip Balm Tubes: To clean your lip balm tubes, simply wind the tube until the bottom comes all the way up and wipe residual balm off with a q-tip or paper towel. Toss into a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes until excess balm melts out (our tubes are BPA + BPS FREE so no need to worry about leaching chemicals!).
How do you make a healing lip balm?
- Add the jojoba wax, coconut oil, castor oil and hemp seed oil into a heatproof container.
- Heat in a warm water bath over a low flame until the wax has melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir until the lip balm ingredients are well combined.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
How do you reuse old lip balm containers?
10 Ways to Repurpose Cosmetic Containers
- #1: Store Bobby Pins in Old Lip Balm Containers.
- #2: Store Hair Elastics, Earnings, and Other Jewelry in Compact Containers That Have a Mirror.
- #3: Turn Perfume Bottles into Vases.
- #4: Make Travel-Sized Containers.
- #5: Turn Shampoo Bottles into a Brush Holder.
Can I put lip balm under my eyes?
Lip balm will hydrate the area under your eyes, which reduces the appearance of lines. Make sure you use a soft brush instead of applying lip balm directly from the tube since this skin is extra-sensitive.
How do lip balm tubes work?
They have a little cardboard disk in the bottom that you push up as you use the lip balm to make it go up, instead of twisting like on plastic tubes. The tubes come in a variety of sizes as well, so you could use them to make all kinds of things, like DIY moisturizers, balms, deodorants, etc.
How do you fix a broken lip gloss tube?
Submerge the tube in hot water (microwave a mug of water for 1 min or so) and leave it for a few minutes to thin out the consistency. Then take a knife and pop off the stopper of the tube and pour out the gloss into another container. I’ve never used NYX gloss, but I think this would work for it.
Can you sanitize lip balm?
Take a tube of lipstick and dip it in alcohol for 15 to 30 seconds, then wipe away the top layer of the lipstick. Or leaving it overnight in the freezer will also kill bacteria and viruses. Leave a closed tube of mascara overnight in the freezer, thereby killing the germs.
How do you sterilize a lip balm container?
If you’re going to use the containers immediately, I recommend popping them into a fresh pot of boiling water for five minutes, to completely sterilize them.
How do you keep lip balm clean?
This is how I’m keeping my balms as clean as possible.
- I scrape out the balm using a small spatula.
- Then I wipe the balm off from the spatula with a finger, and apply the balm to my lips or wherever it needs to go.
- And finally, I wipe the spatula with tissue to keep it clean.
What do you do with empty lipstick tubes?
You may think that old lipstick tubes seem like a throw-away item as soon as you finish the lipstick, but think again! After they are cleaned, these tubes can be recycled to hold Q-tips, bobby pins, or toothpicks. Perfect to throw in your purse!