Can I use crayons for lip balm?
You only need one crayon for each color of lip gloss that you wish to make, but you can use more or less to create varying shades. Peel the wrappers from the crayons.
How do you make colored lip balm?
- Melt beeswax and cocoa butter in a double boiler. (I use a glass Pyrex® mixing bowl in a saucepan of boiling water.)
- Once melted, add the infused sweet almond oil.
- Stir well.
- Remove from heat carefully (it will be hot!).
- Pour into lip balm tins or tubes.
- Allow to cool completely and then cap.
How do you make natural lip balm for kids?
What to Do
- Step 1: In a microwave-safe container, have you kids mix together two parts coconut oil to one part wax beads.
- Step 3: Cool the hot liquid briefly.
- Step 4: While the solution cools, have your kids add a drop or two of flavoring mix to each of the lip balm containers.
How do you make natural lip balm at home?
- Measure beeswax, shea butter and cocoa butter and put in the top of a double boiler.
- Melt the butters and waxes over low heat in your double boiler until completely combined.
- Add the almond oil and jojoba oil and stir.
- Remove from heat and add Vitamin E and essential oils.
- Pour into lip balm tubes or tins.