- 1 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 2 What can be used instead of beeswax?
- 3 How do you make lip balm with two ingredients?
- 4 What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
- 5 What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
- 6 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 7 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 8 How do you make lip balm from scratch?
- 9 How long does homemade lip balm last?
- 10 Can I substitute coconut oil for beeswax?
- 11 Is beeswax and Vaseline the same?
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What can be used instead of beeswax?
Best Vegan Beeswax Alternatives
- Candelilla wax. Native to northern Mexico and the southwestern United States, candelilla wax is an affordable lubricant used in varnishes, lip balms, and lotion bars.
- Sustainably-harvested carnauba wax.
- Soy wax.
- Bayberry wax.
- Synthetic beeswax.
- Plant oils.
How do you make lip balm with two ingredients?
Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2: Add natural lipstick to the bowl. Then add a small amount of natural lipstick to the bowl.
- Step 3: Microwave ingredients in 30 second intervals.
- Step 4: Pour melted liquid into small containers.
What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
How do you make lip balm from scratch?
- Melt the beeswax, cocoa, and shea butter in a double boiler.
- Add the hemp oil, almond oil, and honey, and stir until it turns into a liquid consistency.
- Add honey to this mixture.
- Blend the ingredients using a milk frother.
- Once it reaches medium-thick consistency, pour the balm into jars to set.
How long does homemade lip balm last?
A. If you do not use any water based products your lip balm should last for a good 6 months plus. There is no one size fits all with this answer as it depends on the ingredients you are using.
Can I substitute coconut oil for beeswax?
Since carnauba wax is much harder than beeswax, we recommend replacing the required amount of beeswax with a mix of half carnauba wax, half soft plant oil (such as coconut oil). This combination works well for making plant-based salves, lip balms, and even candles!
Is beeswax and Vaseline the same?
Beeswax is a natural, renewable product. This means it is a sustainable alternative to synthetic, mineral oil-based waxes and other products. Beeswax is a by-product of honey production. Research has shown that it acts as a better barrier than mineral products such as petroleum jelly.