- 1 How do you make lip balm without coconut oil?
- 2 How do you make homemade lip balm naturally?
- 3 What can I substitute for coconut oil in lip balm?
- 4 How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
- 5 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 6 What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
- 7 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 8 How do you make lip balm without wax?
- 9 How long does homemade lip balm last?
- 10 What essential oils can be used in lip balm?
- 11 Can I substitute coconut oil for beeswax?
- 12 What kind of coconut oil do you use for lip balm?
- 13 What can be used instead of beeswax?
- 14 What can I use instead of shea butter in lip balm?
- 15 How do you make lip balm with beeswax and shea butter?
How do you make lip balm without coconut oil?
I make my homemade lip balm WITHOUT coconut oil (It’s not my favorite for face and beauty products, to be honest). Instead, I use a combination of beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter, almond and jojoba oils. These are some seriously rich and nourishing oils, ya’ll!
How do you make homemade lip balm naturally?
- Melt the beeswax, cocoa, and shea butter in a double boiler.
- Add the hemp oil, almond oil, and honey, and stir until it turns into a liquid consistency.
- Add honey to this mixture.
- Blend the ingredients using a milk frother.
- Once it reaches medium-thick consistency, pour the balm into jars to set.
What can I substitute for coconut oil in lip balm?
What can I substitute for coconut oil in my lip balm? If you can’t get hold of coconut oil or you don’t want to use it, you can swap it for shea butter, jojoba oil or olive oil. Other alternatives to coconut oil include castor oil or safflower oil.
How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
Ingredients for DIY Lip Balm without Shea Butter: 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil. 1 tsp Almond Extract or Almond Oil or essential oils. Clear Lip Container (found in target travel section or HERE) Double Boiler (I recommend these)
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
How do you make lip balm without wax?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss. Try a simple honey lip balm with coconut oil or shea butter, for instance.
How long does homemade lip balm last?
A. If you do not use any water based products your lip balm should last for a good 6 months plus. There is no one size fits all with this answer as it depends on the ingredients you are using.
What essential oils can be used in lip balm?
Some other good essential oils that are safe to use in lip balm are: lavender, sweet orange, clove (use very little as it’s warming and strong), tea tree (use very little as it’s strong), spearmint, mandarin, lime and of course peppermint and lemon.
Can I substitute coconut oil for beeswax?
Since carnauba wax is much harder than beeswax, we recommend replacing the required amount of beeswax with a mix of half carnauba wax, half soft plant oil (such as coconut oil). This combination works well for making plant-based salves, lip balms, and even candles!
What kind of coconut oil do you use for lip balm?
Also, be sure to use pure, virgin coconut oil only. This ensures you’re using a product that hasn’t been chemically altered or refined in any way so you get the most benefits for your lips.
What can be used instead of beeswax?
Best Vegan Beeswax Alternatives
- Candelilla wax. Native to northern Mexico and the southwestern United States, candelilla wax is an affordable lubricant used in varnishes, lip balms, and lotion bars.
- Sustainably-harvested carnauba wax.
- Soy wax.
- Bayberry wax.
- Synthetic beeswax.
- Plant oils.
What can I use instead of shea butter in lip balm?
Avocado butter is a great substitute for shea butter. Find it in the Winter Lip Balm recipe. Cocoa Butter: Obtained from cocoa beans, cocoa butter has a wonderful chocolate-y aroma. It also has a slight neutral beige color.
How do you make lip balm with beeswax and shea butter?
- 1/4 cup beeswax pastilles or (beeswax block, grated)
- 1/4 cup shea butter.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- 40 drops peppermint essential oils* (about 1/2 tsp)
- Empty lip balm tubes.