- 1 What can I use instead of Chapstick or Vaseline?
- 2 How do you make homemade lip balm with Vaseline?
- 3 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 4 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 5 How do you make homemade Vaseline?
- 6 What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
- 7 How long does homemade lip balm last?
- 8 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 9 How can I make my lip balm pink naturally?
- 10 Can you put Vaseline on your lips?
- 11 What’s a substitute for chapstick?
What can I use instead of Chapstick or Vaseline?
Best alternatives to Lip balms
- Pure Lanolin. Lanolin is an excellent substitute for petroleum jelly based lip balms that have a lot of harmful additives.
- Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is an ingredient used to soften skin and hair all over South-Asia.
- Castor Oil.
- Shea Butter.
- Aloe Vera Gel.
How do you make homemade lip balm with Vaseline?
Combine three tablespoons of vaseline or petroleum jelly with one teaspoon of honey. Warm in the microwave, using 30 second increments, until melted. Or melt over low heat in a double boiler. Pour melted honey lip balm into small pots and let cool before using.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
How do you make homemade Vaseline?
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (this is the creamiest, most nutritive coconut oil I’ve ever used)
- 1/8 cup olive oil (I purchase only the best organic olive oil here)
- 1/8 cup castor oil.
- 2 tablespoons beeswax (these beeswax pastilles are so much easier to work with)
- 1 tablespoon lanolin.
What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
How long does homemade lip balm last?
A. If you do not use any water based products your lip balm should last for a good 6 months plus. There is no one size fits all with this answer as it depends on the ingredients you are using.
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
How can I make my lip balm pink naturally?
Keep reading to learn 14 home remedies for hydrated, healthy lips.
- Exfoliate your lips. Before you head to bed at night, apply a good quality lip balm.
- Try a homemade lip scrub.
- Stay hydrated.
- Check your medicine cabinet.
- Use vitamin E.
- Moisturize with aloe vera.
- Use a berry-based lip scrub.
- Wake up lips with citrus.
Can you put Vaseline on your lips?
Vaseline can be helpful for dry, chapped lips when used along with a humectant. Apply the humectant to your lips first, then seal it with Vaseline.
What’s a substitute for chapstick?
You can also use cocoa butter, almond oil, coconut oil, Vitamin E, and even oils such as canola oil or olive oil. Some people also use petroleum jelly on their lips before venturing outside or before going to bed, and you don’t need a lot of it to do the trick.