- 1 How do you make homemade lip balm naturally?
- 2 What can we use instead of beeswax?
- 3 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 4 What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
- 5 How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
- 6 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 7 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 8 What ingredients are in lip balm?
- 9 Can I substitute coconut oil for beeswax?
- 10 What wax is closest to beeswax?
- 11 Is beeswax and Vaseline the same?
- 12 What ingredients should you avoid in lip balm?
- 13 What is the best oil for lip balm?
- 14 Can I put vanilla extract in lip balm?
How do you make homemade lip balm naturally?
- Melt the beeswax, cocoa, and shea butter in a double boiler.
- Add the hemp oil, almond oil, and honey, and stir until it turns into a liquid consistency.
- Add honey to this mixture.
- Blend the ingredients using a milk frother.
- Once it reaches medium-thick consistency, pour the balm into jars to set.
What can we use instead of beeswax?
Best Vegan Beeswax Alternatives
- Candelilla wax. Native to northern Mexico and the southwestern United States, candelilla wax is an affordable lubricant used in varnishes, lip balms, and lotion bars.
- Sustainably-harvested carnauba wax.
- Soy wax.
- Bayberry wax.
- Synthetic beeswax.
- Plant oils.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
Ingredients for DIY Lip Balm without Shea Butter: 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil. 1 tsp Almond Extract or Almond Oil or essential oils. Clear Lip Container (found in target travel section or HERE) Double Boiler (I recommend these)
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
What ingredients are in lip balm?
Lip balm often contains beeswax or carnauba wax, camphor, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, paraffin, and petrolatum, among other ingredients. Some varieties contain dyes, flavor, fragrance, phenol, salicylic acid, and sunscreen.
Can I substitute coconut oil for beeswax?
Since carnauba wax is much harder than beeswax, we recommend replacing the required amount of beeswax with a mix of half carnauba wax, half soft plant oil (such as coconut oil). This combination works well for making plant-based salves, lip balms, and even candles!
What wax is closest to beeswax?
Candelilla wax is a plant based wax and a suitable vegan alternative to beeswax. Although it makes an excellent DIY skincare ingredient in its own right. Like beeswax, this unique wax has quite a high melting point, and acts as a stabiliser and emulsifier in balms, creams, salves and lotions.
Is beeswax and Vaseline the same?
Beeswax is a natural, renewable product. This means it is a sustainable alternative to synthetic, mineral oil-based waxes and other products. Beeswax is a by-product of honey production. Research has shown that it acts as a better barrier than mineral products such as petroleum jelly.
What ingredients should you avoid in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
What is the best oil for lip balm?
The most popular essential oils for lip balm include wintergreen, peppermint, orange, lime, lemon, vanilla, grapefruit, and lavender. These oils are the most recommended for helping people deal with the annoyance and discomfort of chapped lips.
Can I put vanilla extract in lip balm?
NOTE: I would NOT use Vanilla Extract to scent or flavor your balm as it does NOT mix well with the other oils and you’ll end up with a kind of splotchy looking balm. Once the balm is scented & flavored to your liking, carefully pour it into your containers and allow to cool fully.