- 1 Can you make lip balm without shea butter?
- 2 What can I use instead of shea butter for lip balm?
- 3 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 4 Is shea butter a good lip balm?
- 5 What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
- 6 What is a good substitute for beeswax?
- 7 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 8 What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
- 9 What is the best essential oil for lip balm?
- 10 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 11 Why is shea butter used in lip balm?
- 12 How do you make lip balm with beeswax and shea butter?
- 13 How do you make homemade lip balm softer?
Can you make lip balm without shea butter?
lip balm without shea butter: Avocado butter and mango butter are good alternatives to shea butter. lip balm without coconut oil: Avocado oil or grapeseed oil can be used instead of fractionated coconut oil.
What can I use instead of shea butter for lip balm?
Avocado butter is a great substitute for shea butter. Find it in the Winter Lip Balm recipe. Cocoa Butter: Obtained from cocoa beans, cocoa butter has a wonderful chocolate-y aroma. It also has a slight neutral beige color.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
Is shea butter a good lip balm?
Once you try Shea butter on your lips, you will never go back. One of the benefits of Shea butter, is that it protects your lips from cold and dry weather, and reduces your chances of dry lips.
What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
What is a good substitute for beeswax?
Best Vegan Beeswax Alternatives
- Candelilla wax. Native to northern Mexico and the southwestern United States, candelilla wax is an affordable lubricant used in varnishes, lip balms, and lotion bars.
- Sustainably-harvested carnauba wax.
- Soy wax.
- Bayberry wax.
- Synthetic beeswax.
- Plant oils.
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
What is the best essential oil for lip balm?
Some other good essential oils that are safe to use in lip balm are: lavender, sweet orange, clove (use very little as it’s warming and strong), tea tree (use very little as it’s strong), spearmint, mandarin, lime and of course peppermint and lemon.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
Why is shea butter used in lip balm?
Shea butter is used in many cosmetics because of its moisturizing properties. Research has shown that shea butter also has anti-inflammatory properties, and assists the skin in creating collagen. And since she butter doesn’t absorb UV rays very well, it has also been used as a natural sun block.
How do you make lip balm with beeswax and shea butter?
- 1/4 cup beeswax pastilles or (beeswax block, grated)
- 1/4 cup shea butter.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- 40 drops peppermint essential oils* (about 1/2 tsp)
- Empty lip balm tubes.
How do you make homemade lip balm softer?
If you plan on putting your lip balm in tins, it needs to be a little softer, so try adding an additional part of carrier oil. If your lip balm turns out too hard, melt it again and add more oil. If it turns out too soft, melt it again and add more beeswax.