- 1 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 2 How do you make chemical free lip balm?
- 3 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 4 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 5 Is coconut oil a good lip balm?
- 6 Which oil makes lips pink?
- 7 Is Vaseline good for lips?
- 8 How do you make lip balm with two ingredients?
- 9 What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
- 10 Can I make lip balm without butter?
- 11 Can I put vanilla extract in my lip balm?
- 12 What can I use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
- 13 What essential oils can be used in lip balm?
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
How do you make chemical free lip balm?
- Melt the beeswax and mix castor oil, rose infused oil and cocoa butter into it.
- Add vanilla extract for some fragrance.
- Add your alkanet root powder for some natural color.
- Wait for it to cool down, then pour the mixture in a container and keep it in the refrigerator till it freezes.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
Is coconut oil a good lip balm?
Benefits of coconut oil for lips The primary benefit of coconut oil is its moisturizing effects. This makes it ideal for chapped lips. Coconut oil is also considered an emollient. Emollients are non-cosmetic moisturizers that help keep the skin moist, and they’re primarily used to protect the skin.
Which oil makes lips pink?
Almond oil replenishes the lips and prevents it from getting chapped while lemon acts as the natural bleaching agent that lightens the lips and makes them naturally supple and pink.
Is Vaseline good for lips?
Vaseline is a brand name for petroleum jelly, and it’s an affordable, widely available product often used to help heal dry skin and lips. Vaseline works best when used with a humectant, like shea butter or aloe, which can actually pull moisture into the lips.
How do you make lip balm with two ingredients?
Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2: Add natural lipstick to the bowl. Then add a small amount of natural lipstick to the bowl.
- Step 3: Microwave ingredients in 30 second intervals.
- Step 4: Pour melted liquid into small containers.
What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
Can I make lip balm without butter?
Ingredients for DIY Lip Balm without Shea Butter: ½ Cup Grated Beeswax. 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil. 1 tsp Almond Extract or Almond Oil or essential oils. Clear Lip Container (found in target travel section or HERE)
Can I put vanilla extract in my lip balm?
NOTE: I would NOT use Vanilla Extract to scent or flavor your balm as it does NOT mix well with the other oils and you’ll end up with a kind of splotchy looking balm. Once the balm is scented & flavored to your liking, carefully pour it into your containers and allow to cool fully.
What can I use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
What essential oils can be used in lip balm?
Some other good essential oils that are safe to use in lip balm are: lavender, sweet orange, clove (use very little as it’s warming and strong), tea tree (use very little as it’s strong), spearmint, mandarin, lime and of course peppermint and lemon.