- 1 How do you make 3 ingredient lip balm?
- 2 What makes lip balm creamy?
- 3 How do you make lip balm with 2 ingredients?
- 4 What ingredients are in lip balm?
- 5 Can I make lip balm without butter?
- 6 How do you harden homemade lip balm?
- 7 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 8 How can I make my lip balm thicker?
How do you make 3 ingredient lip balm?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What makes lip balm creamy?
The bulk of the lip balm is rich, glossy castor oil and creamy cetearyl alcohol. Lecithin and stearic acid further amp up the creamy factor; I love the slight tug they both add to the balm. Stearic acid also contributes to wax-less thickening. We do still have two waxes in here—beeswax and candelilla.
How do you make lip balm with 2 ingredients?
Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2: Add natural lipstick to the bowl. Then add a small amount of natural lipstick to the bowl.
- Step 3: Microwave ingredients in 30 second intervals.
- Step 4: Pour melted liquid into small containers.
What ingredients are in lip balm?
Lip balm often contains beeswax or carnauba wax, camphor, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, paraffin, and petrolatum, among other ingredients. Some varieties contain dyes, flavor, fragrance, phenol, salicylic acid, and sunscreen.
Can I make lip balm without butter?
Ingredients for DIY Lip Balm without Shea Butter: ½ Cup Grated Beeswax. 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil. 1 tsp Almond Extract or Almond Oil or essential oils. Clear Lip Container (found in target travel section or HERE)
How do you harden homemade lip balm?
Using a syringe, fill each lip balm container as full as you can without overflowing. If it starts to harden before you’re finished filling the tubes, return the glass bowl to the microwave for 15 seconds to keep it melted. Once it solidifies ( about 5 minutes ) add your lip balm labels to the tubes and enjoy!
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
How can I make my lip balm thicker?
Generally speaking, you need to use roughly 15-20% beeswax to 25-30% butter and 45-50% oil. The more butter and wax you use, the thicker or ‘sturdier’ your lip balm will be. This is good if you want your lip balm to stay on for quite a while. It will also be ‘creamier’, which is how we like it!