- 1 How do you make homemade lip balm naturally?
- 2 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 3 What can I use instead of Chapstick or Vaseline?
- 4 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 5 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 6 What ingredients should you avoid in lip balm?
- 7 What essential oils can be used in lip balm?
- 8 Can I put vanilla extract in lip balm?
- 9 What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
- 10 How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
- 11 Is Vaseline good for your lips?
- 12 What is a good alternative for chapstick?
- 13 What is an alternative to lip balm?
How do you make homemade lip balm naturally?
- Melt the beeswax, cocoa, and shea butter in a double boiler.
- Add the hemp oil, almond oil, and honey, and stir until it turns into a liquid consistency.
- Add honey to this mixture.
- Blend the ingredients using a milk frother.
- Once it reaches medium-thick consistency, pour the balm into jars to set.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
What can I use instead of Chapstick or Vaseline?
Best alternatives to Lip balms
- Pure Lanolin. Lanolin is an excellent substitute for petroleum jelly based lip balms that have a lot of harmful additives.
- Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is an ingredient used to soften skin and hair all over South-Asia.
- Castor Oil.
- Shea Butter.
- Aloe Vera Gel.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
What ingredients should you avoid in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
What essential oils can be used in lip balm?
Some other good essential oils that are safe to use in lip balm are: lavender, sweet orange, clove (use very little as it’s warming and strong), tea tree (use very little as it’s strong), spearmint, mandarin, lime and of course peppermint and lemon.
Can I put vanilla extract in lip balm?
NOTE: I would NOT use Vanilla Extract to scent or flavor your balm as it does NOT mix well with the other oils and you’ll end up with a kind of splotchy looking balm. Once the balm is scented & flavored to your liking, carefully pour it into your containers and allow to cool fully.
What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
Ingredients for DIY Lip Balm without Shea Butter: 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil. 1 tsp Almond Extract or Almond Oil or essential oils. Clear Lip Container (found in target travel section or HERE) Double Boiler (I recommend these)
Is Vaseline good for your lips?
If you’re not allergic, Vaseline isn’t likely to cause harm or make your lips drier — it just may not be the best option for hydrating lips and preventing the delicate skin from becoming chapped. Other things to try for dry lips include: Try lip balms that contain: argan oil.
What is a good alternative for chapstick?
Top 10 Lip Balm Substitute List | Non-Toxic Alternatives for Chapped Lips
- Castor Oil. With its thick consistency, castor oil (where to get it) is THE perfect natural emollient for cracked lips.
- Coconut Oil.
- Pure Lanolin.
- Vitamin E.
- Shea Butter.
What is an alternative to lip balm?
You can also use cocoa butter, almond oil, coconut oil, Vitamin E, and even oils such as canola oil or olive oil. Some people also use petroleum jelly on their lips before venturing outside or before going to bed, and you don’t need a lot of it to do the trick.