- 1 What can we use instead of beeswax?
- 2 How do you make homemade lip balm naturally?
- 3 What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
- 4 How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
- 5 Can I substitute coconut oil for beeswax?
- 6 Can I use Vaseline instead of beeswax?
- 7 Is beeswax and Vaseline the same?
- 8 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 9 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 10 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 11 How do you make homemade lipstick with beeswax?
- 12 How do you make homemade lip balm with Vaseline?
What can we use instead of beeswax?
Best Vegan Beeswax Alternatives
- Candelilla wax. Native to northern Mexico and the southwestern United States, candelilla wax is an affordable lubricant used in varnishes, lip balms, and lotion bars.
- Sustainably-harvested carnauba wax.
- Soy wax.
- Bayberry wax.
- Synthetic beeswax.
- Plant oils.
How do you make homemade lip balm naturally?
- Melt the beeswax, cocoa, and shea butter in a double boiler.
- Add the hemp oil, almond oil, and honey, and stir until it turns into a liquid consistency.
- Add honey to this mixture.
- Blend the ingredients using a milk frother.
- Once it reaches medium-thick consistency, pour the balm into jars to set.
What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
Ingredients for DIY Lip Balm without Shea Butter: 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil. 1 tsp Almond Extract or Almond Oil or essential oils. Clear Lip Container (found in target travel section or HERE) Double Boiler (I recommend these)
Can I substitute coconut oil for beeswax?
Since carnauba wax is much harder than beeswax, we recommend replacing the required amount of beeswax with a mix of half carnauba wax, half soft plant oil (such as coconut oil). This combination works well for making plant-based salves, lip balms, and even candles!
Can I use Vaseline instead of beeswax?
Can I use more petroleum jelly instead of beeswax? No. Solid lip balm needs to be made from petroleum jelly and beeswax.
Is beeswax and Vaseline the same?
Beeswax is a natural, renewable product. This means it is a sustainable alternative to synthetic, mineral oil-based waxes and other products. Beeswax is a by-product of honey production. Research has shown that it acts as a better barrier than mineral products such as petroleum jelly.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
How do you make homemade lipstick with beeswax?
- 1 tsp. beeswax pellets.
- 1 tsp. shea butter, cocoa butter, or mango butter.
- 1–2 tsp. sweet almond oil or coconut oil.
How do you make homemade lip balm with Vaseline?
Combine three tablespoons of vaseline or petroleum jelly with one teaspoon of honey. Warm in the microwave, using 30 second increments, until melted. Or melt over low heat in a double boiler. Pour melted honey lip balm into small pots and let cool before using.