- 1 What are the ingredients for lip balm?
- 2 What is the best homemade lip balm?
- 3 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 4 What should lip balm ingredients to avoid?
- 5 How do I make my lip balm creamier?
- 6 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 7 How do you make lip balm with two ingredients?
- 8 What can you use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
- 9 Can I make lip balm without butter?
- 10 What ingredients are bad for lips?
- 11 Is Vaseline bad for your lips?
- 12 Which lip balm is the safest?
What are the ingredients for lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
What is the best homemade lip balm?
Avocado oil, olive oil, coconut oil or hemp oil are all good replacements for the almond or jojoba oil. You can use any solid butter you like in this recipe with good results. If you don’t have shea butter, use all cocoa butter, or try mango butter or avocado butter. I especially love mango butter in lip balm recipes.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What should lip balm ingredients to avoid?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
How do I make my lip balm creamier?
How to make All Natural Creamy Lip Balm
- 1 Tablespoon Beeswax Pellets (10g)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (15g)
- 10 drops of Essential Oil – we used orange.
- 1 Tablespoon Jojoba Oil (15g)
- 1 Tablespoon Shea Butter (15g)
- Lip Balm Containers.
- Glass Dropper.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
How do you make lip balm with two ingredients?
Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2: Add natural lipstick to the bowl. Then add a small amount of natural lipstick to the bowl.
- Step 3: Microwave ingredients in 30 second intervals.
- Step 4: Pour melted liquid into small containers.
What can you use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
Can I make lip balm without butter?
Ingredients for DIY Lip Balm without Shea Butter: ½ Cup Grated Beeswax. 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil. 1 tsp Almond Extract or Almond Oil or essential oils. Clear Lip Container (found in target travel section or HERE)
What ingredients are bad for lips?
Ingredients To Avoid In Your Lip Balm
- Petrolatum (Petroleum Jelly)
- Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)
- Phenol/Menthol, Alcohol.
- Fragrance And Flavors.
- Chemical Sunscreen.
Is Vaseline bad for your lips?
If you’re not allergic, Vaseline isn’t likely to cause harm or make your lips drier — it just may not be the best option for hydrating lips and preventing the delicate skin from becoming chapped. Other things to try for dry lips include: Try lip balms that contain: argan oil.
Which lip balm is the safest?
13 Natural Lip Balms & Moisturizers: The Very Best You Must Try
- Odacité Pure Elements Aventurine Kiss Lip Serum.
- Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.
- Lano Lanolips The Original Lanostick.
- milk + honey Lip Balm.
- Follain Lip Balm.
- Weleda Skin Food Lip Butter.
- Kora Organics Noni Lip Treatment.
- Henné Organics Lip Serum.