- 1 How do you make lip balm without beeswax?
- 2 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 3 How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
- 4 How do you make lip balm with 2 ingredients?
- 5 What is a good substitute for beeswax?
- 6 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 7 What ingredients should you avoid in lip balm?
- 8 What essential oils can be used in lip balm?
- 9 Can I substitute coconut oil for beeswax?
- 10 Do you need shea butter to make lip balm?
- 11 What can I use instead of shea butter in lip balm?
- 12 How do you make lip balm with simple ingredients?
- 13 How do you make lip balm from scratch?
How do you make lip balm without beeswax?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss. Try a simple honey lip balm with coconut oil or shea butter, for instance.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
Ingredients for DIY Lip Balm without Shea Butter: 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil. 1 tsp Almond Extract or Almond Oil or essential oils. Clear Lip Container (found in target travel section or HERE) Double Boiler (I recommend these)
How do you make lip balm with 2 ingredients?
Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2: Add natural lipstick to the bowl. Then add a small amount of natural lipstick to the bowl.
- Step 3: Microwave ingredients in 30 second intervals.
- Step 4: Pour melted liquid into small containers.
What is a good substitute for beeswax?
Best Vegan Beeswax Alternatives
- Candelilla wax. Native to northern Mexico and the southwestern United States, candelilla wax is an affordable lubricant used in varnishes, lip balms, and lotion bars.
- Sustainably-harvested carnauba wax.
- Soy wax.
- Bayberry wax.
- Synthetic beeswax.
- Plant oils.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What ingredients should you avoid in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
What essential oils can be used in lip balm?
Some other good essential oils that are safe to use in lip balm are: lavender, sweet orange, clove (use very little as it’s warming and strong), tea tree (use very little as it’s strong), spearmint, mandarin, lime and of course peppermint and lemon.
Can I substitute coconut oil for beeswax?
Since carnauba wax is much harder than beeswax, we recommend replacing the required amount of beeswax with a mix of half carnauba wax, half soft plant oil (such as coconut oil). This combination works well for making plant-based salves, lip balms, and even candles!
Do you need shea butter to make lip balm?
You can use any solid butter you like in this recipe with good results. If you don’t have shea butter, use all cocoa butter, or try mango butter or avocado butter. I especially love mango butter in lip balm recipes.
What can I use instead of shea butter in lip balm?
Avocado butter is a great substitute for shea butter. Find it in the Winter Lip Balm recipe. Cocoa Butter: Obtained from cocoa beans, cocoa butter has a wonderful chocolate-y aroma. It also has a slight neutral beige color.
How do you make lip balm with simple ingredients?
- 3 tbs coconut oil (1.38 ounces) virgin or expeller pressed.
- 1 tbs sweet almond oil (.48 ounces) Jojoba oil, olive oil, avocado oil may also be used instead of almond oil.
- 2 tbs beeswax pastilles (1 ounce) or use carnauba wax.
- 20 drops lavender essential oil optional.
- 1/2 tsp honey* optional.
How do you make lip balm from scratch?
- Melt the beeswax, cocoa, and shea butter in a double boiler.
- Add the hemp oil, almond oil, and honey, and stir until it turns into a liquid consistency.
- Add honey to this mixture.
- Blend the ingredients using a milk frother.
- Once it reaches medium-thick consistency, pour the balm into jars to set.