- 1 How big is a lip balm container?
- 2 How do you sterilize a lip balm container?
- 3 How much does a lip balm tube hold?
- 4 How do you make lipsticks?
- 5 How do you make sugar lip scrub?
- 6 How do you reuse empty lip balm tubes?
- 7 How do you get lip balm out of a tube?
- 8 How do you reuse a lip gloss container?
- 9 How do lip balm tubes work?
How big is a lip balm container?
Cosmetic containers for lip balm, solid perfume and other body products. Compact and contemporary, these little white plastic jars with white lids have a 0.25 ounce capacity, and measure 1 1/8′ in diameter and 1′ tall.
How do you sterilize a lip balm container?
If you’re going to use the containers immediately, I recommend popping them into a fresh pot of boiling water for five minutes, to completely sterilize them.
How much does a lip balm tube hold?
They hold about 0.15 ounces of lip balm.
How do you make lipsticks?
- Melt the oil, butter and waxes in a double boiler on low heat until melted.
- Add the colorant, mix well.
- Pour in the empty lipstick tube as explained above.
- Put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Unmold as per instructions.
- Use within one year.
How do you make sugar lip scrub?
1. HONEY-SUGAR LIP SCRUB
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of sugar.
- Massage the mixture into your lips and leave for 10 minutes or so.
- Remove with the help of a wet face washer.
How do you reuse empty lip balm tubes?
6 Things to Do with Empty Lip Balm Tubes
- Make Your Own Lip Balm. Homemade lip balms.
- Carry Jewelry. Store jewelry in old lip balm tubes.
- Hide Money! Store cash discreetly in old lip balm tubes.
- Create a Seasoning Shaker. Salt and Pepper shaker in a lip balm tube.
- Make a Mini Sewing Kit.
- Use in Arts & Crafts Projects.
How do you get lip balm out of a tube?
Place your mostly-empty lip gloss tubes standing upright in the mug of hot water. (They should be sealed tightly so the H2O doesn’t contaminate the products.) After 10 minutes, the gloss on the sides of the tubes should have settled to the bottom. Now remove the gloss from the package.
How do you reuse a lip gloss container?
Empty tins can be refilled with homemade lip balms or lip tints. Just melt down a little coconut oil or beeswax, add a dye of your preference (like beet juice, or even non-toxic melted crayons), and pour into the clean tin.
How do lip balm tubes work?
They have a little cardboard disk in the bottom that you push up as you use the lip balm to make it go up, instead of twisting like on plastic tubes. The tubes come in a variety of sizes as well, so you could use them to make all kinds of things, like DIY moisturizers, balms, deodorants, etc.