- 1 What essential oils are safe for lip balm?
- 2 Which fragrance is best for lip balm?
- 3 What can I use to scent lip balm?
- 4 What can I use instead of essential oil in lip balm?
- 5 What ingredients to avoid in lip balm?
- 6 How much essential oil do you put in lip balm?
- 7 Is lip balm flavored or scented?
- 8 Can you use food Colouring in lip balm?
- 9 How do you make homemade tinted lip balm?
- 10 Can I put vanilla extract in my lip balm?
- 11 How can I naturally sweeten my lip balm?
- 12 How do you make lip balm with real fruit?
- 13 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 14 What oils go in lip gloss?
- 15 What can I use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
What essential oils are safe for lip balm?
Some other good essential oils that are safe to use in lip balm are: lavender, sweet orange, clove (use very little as it’s warming and strong), tea tree (use very little as it’s strong), spearmint, mandarin, lime and of course peppermint and lemon.
Which fragrance is best for lip balm?
Natural Lip Balm Scents
- Peppermint – Peppermint and cocoa is a wonderful and popular scent and flavor.
- Vanilla – Vanilla oil can be added to the lip balm to create a decadent chocolate truffle scent.
What can I use to scent lip balm?
Lip Balm Ideas Using Essential Oil & CO2 Extracts
- Ginger + Coconut + Sweet Orange = Island Ginger.
- Sweet Orange + Lavender = Lavender Candy.
- Rose + Cardamom = Turkish Delight.
- Vanilla + Bergamot, FCF = Earl Grey Tea.
- Cocoa Select + Peppermint = Peppermint Bark.
- Coffee + Vanilla = Vanilla Latte.
What can I use instead of essential oil in lip balm?
The following essential oils can usually be safely used in your lip balm formula:
- Orange (Sweet)
- Lime (distilled, not cold-pressed)
- Lemon (distilled, not cold-pressed)
- Vanilla Absolute.
What ingredients to avoid in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
How much essential oil do you put in lip balm?
A general amount is 2 drops per container, but this varies depending upon the essential oil used. Less is better when it comes to essential oils, as you don’t want to end up with lip balm that will sting or irritate your lips! Citrus essential oils can be phototoxic.
Is lip balm flavored or scented?
Flavor oils are used to scent your lips. Commercial products that seem to have a taste actually use a sweetener (commonly aspartame or other sugar substitute). The sweetener tricks your brain into thinking you are tasting the flavor when you are actually smelling it.
Can you use food Colouring in lip balm?
If you want a tinted lip balm, leave the bowl on a side until the liquid solidifies just a little then add food coloring. Mix well until the food coloring is completely incorporated into the balm then return to saucepan and melt the balm again.
How do you make homemade tinted lip balm?
- Melt beeswax and cocoa butter in a double boiler. (I use a glass Pyrex® mixing bowl in a saucepan of boiling water.)
- Once melted, add the infused sweet almond oil.
- Stir well.
- Remove from heat carefully (it will be hot!).
- Pour into lip balm tins or tubes.
- Allow to cool completely and then cap.
Can I put vanilla extract in my lip balm?
NOTE: I would NOT use Vanilla Extract to scent or flavor your balm as it does NOT mix well with the other oils and you’ll end up with a kind of splotchy looking balm. Once the balm is scented & flavored to your liking, carefully pour it into your containers and allow to cool fully.
How can I naturally sweeten my lip balm?
Stevia suspended in organic coconut oil is an all natural and vegan sweetener that is easy to incorporate in your lip balms, butters & glosses. Derived from a South American herb that has been used as a sweetener for hundreds of years, Stevia is up to 30 times sweeter than sugar, so a little goes a long way.
How do you make lip balm with real fruit?
Combine the beeswax, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter into a double boiler or (as in my case) a glass measuring cup set carefully in a pan of hot water. Melt the oils and wax together. 2. While the mixture is melting, using a mortar and pestle, grind your freeze-dried fruits into a fine powder.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What oils go in lip gloss?
For the base of your lip gloss, you’re going to need coconut oil, beeswax, and Vitamin E (I just got the capsules). Coconut oil. There are LOTS of different coconut oils on the markets these days, so take your pick.
What can I use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.