- 1 Is it cheaper to make your own lip balm?
- 2 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 3 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 4 Is coconut oil good for your lips?
- 5 How can I make my lip balm more moisturizing?
- 6 Can Vaseline be used as lip balm?
- 7 How do you make lip balm with two ingredients?
- 8 What can you use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
- 9 What ingredients should you avoid in lip balm?
- 10 Can I put vanilla extract in my lip balm?
- 11 Can I apply coconut oil on my lips overnight?
Is it cheaper to make your own lip balm?
If you can’t finish a batch in a year’s time, it’s cheaper and more convenient to just buy lip balm as you need it. However if you blaze through chapstick like wild fire, it is cost-effective to make a batch. After buying the necessary ingredients and containers, you can bring the cost down to about $1 a pot or stick.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
Is coconut oil good for your lips?
The lauric acid in coconut oil has nourishing properties that seep into your skin. Some coconut oils absorb quickly, providing moisture to heal dry, chapped lips. Keep in mind that coconut oil can only do so much. You’ll want to determine the cause of your chapped lips so you can prevent it again in the future.
How can I make my lip balm more moisturizing?
In a small saucepan, melt beeswax or carnauba wax over medium-low heat. Then add shea butter and coconut oil just until melted. Remove from heat and stir in desired essential oils. Carefully pour balm into desired containers.
Can Vaseline be used as lip balm?
Dry lips – Have you ever wondered – “Is Vaseline® Jelly good for your lips?” Well, Vaseline® Jelly makes for a fantastic lip balm by creating a barrier that seals in moisture, helping to heal dry, chapped lips.
How do you make lip balm with two ingredients?
Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2: Add natural lipstick to the bowl. Then add a small amount of natural lipstick to the bowl.
- Step 3: Microwave ingredients in 30 second intervals.
- Step 4: Pour melted liquid into small containers.
What can you use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
What ingredients should you avoid in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
Can I put vanilla extract in my lip balm?
NOTE: I would NOT use Vanilla Extract to scent or flavor your balm as it does NOT mix well with the other oils and you’ll end up with a kind of splotchy looking balm. Once the balm is scented & flavored to your liking, carefully pour it into your containers and allow to cool fully.
Can I apply coconut oil on my lips overnight?
While coconut oil may be used in place of your daytime lip balm, it can also work well as an overnight treatment mask. Apply to your lips and then rinse off in the morning.