- 1 How do you make lip balm with 2 ingredients?
- 2 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 3 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 4 How do you make lip balm without wax?
- 5 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 6 How do you make homemade Vaseline?
- 7 How long does homemade lip balm last?
- 8 How do you make homemade lip balm with Vaseline?
- 9 What ingredients should you avoid in lip balm?
- 10 How do you make natural lip balm at home?
- 11 Can I put vanilla extract in lip balm?
How do you make lip balm with 2 ingredients?
Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2: Add natural lipstick to the bowl. Then add a small amount of natural lipstick to the bowl.
- Step 3: Microwave ingredients in 30 second intervals.
- Step 4: Pour melted liquid into small containers.
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
How do you make lip balm without wax?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss. Try a simple honey lip balm with coconut oil or shea butter, for instance.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
How do you make homemade Vaseline?
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (this is the creamiest, most nutritive coconut oil I’ve ever used)
- 1/8 cup olive oil (I purchase only the best organic olive oil here)
- 1/8 cup castor oil.
- 2 tablespoons beeswax (these beeswax pastilles are so much easier to work with)
- 1 tablespoon lanolin.
How long does homemade lip balm last?
A. If you do not use any water based products your lip balm should last for a good 6 months plus. There is no one size fits all with this answer as it depends on the ingredients you are using.
How do you make homemade lip balm with Vaseline?
Combine three tablespoons of vaseline or petroleum jelly with one teaspoon of honey. Warm in the microwave, using 30 second increments, until melted. Or melt over low heat in a double boiler. Pour melted honey lip balm into small pots and let cool before using.
What ingredients should you avoid in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
How do you make natural lip balm at home?
- Measure beeswax, shea butter and cocoa butter and put in the top of a double boiler.
- Melt the butters and waxes over low heat in your double boiler until completely combined.
- Add the almond oil and jojoba oil and stir.
- Remove from heat and add Vitamin E and essential oils.
- Pour into lip balm tubes or tins.
Can I put vanilla extract in lip balm?
NOTE: I would NOT use Vanilla Extract to scent or flavor your balm as it does NOT mix well with the other oils and you’ll end up with a kind of splotchy looking balm. Once the balm is scented & flavored to your liking, carefully pour it into your containers and allow to cool fully.