- 1 Can I use crayons for lip balm?
- 2 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 3 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 4 What ingredients should you avoid in lip balm?
- 5 What essential oils can be used in lip balm?
- 6 Does coconut oil good for lips?
- 7 How do you make lip scrub ingredients?
- 8 How do you make lip gloss with Vaseline and coconut oil?
Can I use crayons for lip balm?
You only need one crayon for each color of lip gloss that you wish to make, but you can use more or less to create varying shades. Peel the wrappers from the crayons.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What ingredients should you avoid in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
What essential oils can be used in lip balm?
Some other good essential oils that are safe to use in lip balm are: lavender, sweet orange, clove (use very little as it’s warming and strong), tea tree (use very little as it’s strong), spearmint, mandarin, lime and of course peppermint and lemon.
Does coconut oil good for lips?
The lauric acid in coconut oil has nourishing properties that seep into your skin. Some coconut oils absorb quickly, providing moisture to heal dry, chapped lips. Keep in mind that coconut oil can only do so much. You’ll want to determine the cause of your chapped lips so you can prevent it again in the future.
How do you make lip scrub ingredients?
Materials / Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil.
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey.
- Small glass container with lid (try an old pot of lip gloss or baby food jar)
- Bowl & spoon to mix ingredients.
How do you make lip gloss with Vaseline and coconut oil?
Melt equal parts coconut oil and vaseline in a microwaveable bowl until completely melted and combined. Mine took about 90 seconds total, stopping every 30 seconds to stir. Scoop out the lipstick and add it to your oil mixture.