- 1 How do you make 3 ingredient chapstick?
- 2 What are the ingredients for lip balm?
- 3 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 4 Can I make lip balm without butter?
- 5 What makes lip balm soft?
- 6 Can you make lip balm without shea butter?
- 7 What should lip balm ingredients to avoid?
- 8 How do you make natural lip balm liquid?
- 9 What ingredients are bad for your lips?
- 10 What can I use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
- 11 How do you make homemade lip balm softer?
- 12 How do you make homemade lip balm with Vaseline?
How do you make 3 ingredient chapstick?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What are the ingredients for lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
Can I make lip balm without butter?
Ingredients for DIY Lip Balm without Shea Butter: ½ Cup Grated Beeswax. 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil. 1 tsp Almond Extract or Almond Oil or essential oils. Clear Lip Container (found in target travel section or HERE)
What makes lip balm soft?
Beeswax or Carnauba Wax Natural wax keeps this balm from being to soft and melty, while also adding a layer of protection for lips.
Can you make lip balm without shea butter?
lip balm without shea butter: Avocado butter and mango butter are good alternatives to shea butter. lip balm without coconut oil: Avocado oil or grapeseed oil can be used instead of fractionated coconut oil.
What should lip balm ingredients to avoid?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
How do you make natural lip balm liquid?
- Melt the beeswax, cocoa, and shea butter in a double boiler.
- Add the hemp oil, almond oil, and honey, and stir until it turns into a liquid consistency.
- Add honey to this mixture.
- Blend the ingredients using a milk frother.
- Once it reaches medium-thick consistency, pour the balm into jars to set.
What ingredients are bad for your lips?
Ingredients To Avoid In Your Lip Balm
- Petrolatum (Petroleum Jelly)
- Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)
- Phenol/Menthol, Alcohol.
- Fragrance And Flavors.
- Chemical Sunscreen.
What can I use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
How do you make homemade lip balm softer?
If you plan on putting your lip balm in tins, it needs to be a little softer, so try adding an additional part of carrier oil. If your lip balm turns out too hard, melt it again and add more oil. If it turns out too soft, melt it again and add more beeswax.
How do you make homemade lip balm with Vaseline?
Combine three tablespoons of vaseline or petroleum jelly with one teaspoon of honey. Warm in the microwave, using 30 second increments, until melted. Or melt over low heat in a double boiler. Pour melted honey lip balm into small pots and let cool before using.