- 1 How do you make lip balm without shea butter?
- 2 What can I use instead of shea butter for lip balm?
- 3 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 4 Do you need shea butter to make lip balm?
- 5 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 6 Why is shea butter used in lip balm?
- 7 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 8 How do you make lip balm with two ingredients?
- 9 What can you use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
- 10 What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
- 11 What is a good substitute for beeswax?
- 12 How do you make homemade lip balm with Vaseline?
How do you make lip balm without shea butter?
Ingredients for DIY Lip Balm without Shea Butter:
- ½ Cup Grated Beeswax.
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil.
- 1 tsp Almond Extract or Almond Oil or essential oils.
- Clear Lip Container (found in target travel section or HERE)
- Double Boiler (I recommend these)
What can I use instead of shea butter for lip balm?
Avocado butter is a great substitute for shea butter. Find it in the Winter Lip Balm recipe. Cocoa Butter: Obtained from cocoa beans, cocoa butter has a wonderful chocolate-y aroma. It also has a slight neutral beige color.
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
Do you need shea butter to make lip balm?
You can use any solid butter you like in this recipe with good results. If you don’t have shea butter, use all cocoa butter, or try mango butter or avocado butter. I especially love mango butter in lip balm recipes.
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
Why is shea butter used in lip balm?
Shea butter is used in many cosmetics because of its moisturizing properties. Research has shown that shea butter also has anti-inflammatory properties, and assists the skin in creating collagen. And since she butter doesn’t absorb UV rays very well, it has also been used as a natural sun block.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
How do you make lip balm with two ingredients?
Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2: Add natural lipstick to the bowl. Then add a small amount of natural lipstick to the bowl.
- Step 3: Microwave ingredients in 30 second intervals.
- Step 4: Pour melted liquid into small containers.
What can you use instead of beeswax for lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
What is a good substitute for beeswax?
Best Vegan Beeswax Alternatives
- Candelilla wax. Native to northern Mexico and the southwestern United States, candelilla wax is an affordable lubricant used in varnishes, lip balms, and lotion bars.
- Sustainably-harvested carnauba wax.
- Soy wax.
- Bayberry wax.
- Synthetic beeswax.
- Plant oils.
How do you make homemade lip balm with Vaseline?
Combine three tablespoons of vaseline or petroleum jelly with one teaspoon of honey. Warm in the microwave, using 30 second increments, until melted. Or melt over low heat in a double boiler. Pour melted honey lip balm into small pots and let cool before using.